Need help, need a CIP pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfrazier77

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My CIP submersible pump , 800 watt, 1 horse submersible pump died today. It powered a brewers hardware sprayball for the last 5 years. I need a replacement submersible pump ASAP as I have a dirty conicle. I looked for my previous one on Ebay where I got it and it is not there anymore. Can someone make a good recommendation? I am looking for about the same power as before, it worked very well. I thank you all in advance!

Ok, I am an idiot. The pump would turn on then turn off for a while. I figured the float switch was not working. So I cut it off and bypassed it. No change. So I am going to throw out the pump and looking at what I am going to scavenge off it when I notice that a hop bag was stuck in the impeller. I got it out and now the pump works fine, but the float is cut off and the wire is just twisted together.

Any recommendations for a waterproof switch to fix it?

Back