need help guys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lujaad

Reaction score
Hey everyone this is my first thread, I am new to this. I have a question I have a keg system at home, I recently came across a corny keg, my boys are excited about my keg setup. so my question is since I have my system already is it possible to make a batch of koolaid or any other juice for kids and put it in the corny keg and with a picnic faucet let them pour it? I also want to know. Can I use the co2 or do I need nitrogen ? Since its a corny keg can I use those co2 chargers and use a nitrogen cartridge to push out the liquid? I read I can't use co2 because it will carbonate the liquid.

Any help guys?

Not sure about Kool-Aid but Country Time lemonade is excellent on draft. Just go with CO2. No nitrogen needed. 8 psi of CO2, it's carbonated but good.

if you leave it on any gas, it will carbonate it. co2 will leave it fizzy, nitrogen will give it a creamy texture. if you have a manifold with a shutoff valve, you can open the valve, add a touch of co2, then close it again. equivalent of 2-3 psi total, just enough to push it out

Ooo ok kool thx soo much guys, I'm gonna try this out. Can I only make lemonade ?? How about fruit punch ?

you can make anything you want, and keg it. that's the best thing about kegging; if you can drink it, it can be kegged; if it can be kegged, it can be made sparkling or (almost) still

Back