need help getting beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saiyan78

Reaction score
Recently i went to scotland to get married and when i was there i had a beer called belhavens best. It is awesome and i want more. They do not ship to the usa. If anyone knows of a way that i can get it, it would so make my day. So please let me know. But since im sure that its not possible i was hoping that someone who has had the beer could tell me what beer that i can get in the usa is just like or as close as possible to it. please help. Beer drinker of the world i thank you.

There's another guy that's offering travel expenses to have someone go pick him up a keg in MO and deliver it to GA. He is offering $2,000 for a single keg!

So, with that precident, just pay me like $4,000 and I'll gladly deliver you a keg from Scotland.

Another way to go, since you are a homenbrewer, is ask the brewery if they'll give you the recipe, or find a Scottish HB forum and see if anyone has developed a clone.

I went home to Scotland recently & had my first Bellhaven Best in six years. Damn it was good tasting it again. Creamy, thick, tasty. The various Bellhaven ales that get imported here in the US just aren't the same.

You could ask your local liquor store if they have any sources for it. I made a trip to Ireland and fell in love with Guinness foreign extra stout. (Not just normal extra stout) It was nowhere to be found back in Nebraska. I asked the owner of the store about it and within a month it was in the cooler. Expensive stuff but worth it.

You could ask your local liquor store if they have any sources for it. I made a trip to Ireland and fell in love with Guinness foreign extra stout. (Not just normal extra stout) It was nowhere to be found back in Nebraska. I asked the owner of the store about it and within a month it was in the cooler. Expensive stuff but worth it.

Guinness FE is indeed a delicious brew.

Recently i went to scotland to get married and when i was there i had a beer called belhavens best. It is awesome and i want more. They do not ship to the usa. If anyone knows of a way that i can get it, it would so make my day. So please let me know. But since im sure that its not possible i was hoping that someone who has had the beer could tell me what beer that i can get in the usa is just like or as close as possible to it. please help. Beer drinker of the world i thank you.

I went home to Scotland recently & had my first Bellhaven Best in six years. Damn it was good tasting it again. Creamy, thick, tasty. The various Bellhaven ales that get imported here in the US just aren't the same.

This, and, I think the "geographical experience" has a LOT to do with it too.

Each time I go to M'sia I seek out FES. Over there it's heaven in a bottle. here, not so much.

I get the US imports all the time. They may not include the "Best" but their US beers are good if you compare them the big boys brews.

Yeah, their other imports are easy to get a hold of here in TX, but I've never seen those cans of Best... Are all those reviews from places on the East Coast? Hmmm....

thank you, i am trying the canada angle. is there anyone out there who has had the beer that can tell me what i should try that might be close to it?

Back