Need help fixing a BrewBoss. Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jloxton

Reaction score
Two wires came loose inside my BrewBoss. Darin from BrewBoss says he does not have any older units as references and cannot help. Is there someone either with a photo of an older unit or one handy that they wouldn't mind opening to take a photo for me? The two 240v white wires leading to the circuit board on the site have come loose from the circuit board. I have colored the ends of the white wires and the spots on the board where I think they go with a felt marker (red and green). Can anyone confirm?

Attached: Image of the model of BrewBoss I have and photos of the interior showing the wires and where I think they go.

Thanks in advance!

Jason
brew-boss-controller.jpg
20180331_150951.jpg
20180331_151023.jpg

1. In mine the wire you have marked red goes to the spot marked green on the board.
  2. The wire marked green goes to the circle next to the resistor in your photo. You can see the broken end of the wire soldered there.

Thanks for the help! Just double checking. Do the two thin white wires join up with black and white thick wires (on the on/off switch) in the same way in your version?Just making sure that the on/off switch isn't flipped upside down in your version versus mine.

Back