Need help finding a stainless tee fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked, bargain fittings doesn't have one with a male end, and I really dont want to have to ad a male-male connector in there.

I'm looking for 1/2" NPT with one male end and two females, that way it will just screw into my kettle's fitting and then i can add my sight glass and thermometer to it.

I looked, bargain fittings doesn't have one with a male end, and I really dont want to have to ad a male-male connector in there.

I'm looking for 1/2" NPT with one male end and two females, that way it will just screw into my kettle's fitting and then i can add my sight glass and thermometer to it.

I'm guessing the easiest method, if a google search isn't bringing up what you want, is to get the all-female tee and then use a stainless nipple to get the male end you require. Would probably be cheaper as well.

From doing a quick search, that is not a standard fitting and, as such, will be much more expensive to get. I was able to find some on Amazon for ~$60. So, you can either go that route or spend less than $10 for a female tee and 1/2" nipple.

OK, I thought I might have to go with the all female tee and use a male nipple, is there a problem using a male nipple with no hex or anything on it? I want the tee to be as close to the kettle as possible so the sight is as up and down as possible, because at the top will be a street 90 going to the same kind of fitting on the kettle.

poislb: if you have anything like that, that would be fantastic. I need two.

No issues using a close nipple with no hex on it, it will tighten up just fine with a little teflon tape.

OK, I thought I might have to go with the all female tee and use a male nipple, is there a problem using a male nipple with no hex or anything on it? I want the tee to be as close to the kettle as possible so the sight is as up and down as possible, because at the top will be a street 90 going to the same kind of fitting on the kettle.

poislb: if you have anything like that, that would be fantastic. I need two.

Sorry bud, no luck. Closest thing i can find is an elbow with one male and one female brass fitting. Best of luck, if somethings pops up will let ya know.

Mcmaster had a brass one for like $11, but I would rather avoid brass if at all possible, <3 stainless. I think im just going to go with the really smalle male-male nipples.

You're overcomplicating things a bit. A close nipple won't add much distance. Why are you returning the top of the tube into the kettle? I hope you have a 6" probe on the thermometer to reach far enough into the kettle.

6" probe check.

I'm doing a silicone tubing sight glass for durability, thus the return.

I was just hoping that the male x female x female tee's were more available, its just such an elegant solution.

Back