need help fast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briano

Reaction score
I need to bottle 5 gallons for a trip this week,i had the regulator set about 20-25 psi for about 7 days.I'm bottling and getting lots of foam,what should I do ???

Lower you regulator and vent down to the set pressure until you can pour without foam. You probably don't have long enough beer lines for that high a pressure.

Also are you using some kind of beer gun or counter pressure filler? If not you're just gonna get foam by pour it from the tap into a bottle and there's probably not much you can do. Maybe get a piece of hose that will fit over the tap and extend down into the bottom of the bottle?

I'm using a counter filler,and i have about 5 feet of 1/4" ID tube.I get about 1/3 to 1/2 bottle of beer ,rest is foam

Yes,I chilled the bottles after sanitizing.i reduced the pressure to 3-5 psi.I disconected the CO2 in and have been letting the keg sit for a while,then I purge the pressure in it,each time I get a hiss of CO2 out.

Latest posts

Back