Need help asap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reeny

Reaction score
Making a pumpkin ale need help with order of hops it says 1oz cluster @45 1oz willamet the @30 1oz mt hood @15 so does the mt hood go first??

Nope. It's your schedule of when to add the hops to your beer. I'm assuming you're using a kit that has a total boil time of 60 minutes (or 90 if a partial mash/soak kit). So, set an egg timer or the timer on your oven/microwave to count down your total boil time. You add the 1 oz of cluster at minute 45 (out of 60), the williamette at minute 30, then the mt hood at 15 mins before the end of the boil.

Hope this helps!

It's not a kit it just says 1 oz cluster @45 1oz willamet the @30 and 1 oz mt hood @15

Same. It's the schedule of when to add the hops. Set your timer for the total brew time and then add the hops when the timer reaches that point in time.

Coolness. Cluster is going to be your bittering hop, Williamette is your flavoring hop, and Mt. Hood is your aroma hop.

Thanks everyone just made my first beer. Everything in the primary and the yeast is pitched!! I add the pumpkin in a week!

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it! I'll be brewing my pumpkin ale next weekend I hope. Cheers.:tank:

Back