Need feedback, first labels...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjzelectric

Reaction score
those are some nice labels, definitely professional looking. i have to say though, that i like your avatar even better. pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Ha! Thats classic! My friends and I say that all the time. No one else seems to get it. Good to have another Curb enthusiast around. Cheers!

Just because for some reason I hate having to click on links for pics and want to save others from having to do the same:

DSCN0646.JPG

DSCN0645.JPG

Looks very professional, especially the logo.

You might want different colors for each style of beer.

Also, I'm a big fan of the traditional hopvines and barley sheaths and crests that breweries often use. Your style of label is nice and simple, so some hopvines might clash against that style... or they may look awesome.

Wow, Larry --- er, Bjz---
Those are you FIRST labels?! Nice work!

When are you going to brew the Funkhauser Porter?

Look great.

I would second the suggestion to change the color a bit between styles. The only differentiation, is the beer title. Not a big deal, but be ready for a surprise when you take a swig of the IPA when you're expecting a sweet porter.
(Actually I'd expect you to pour it first, but still)

I hope my first labels look as nice as this.

Those are brilliant! I wish I could do stuff like that. My lack of artistic talents and time to learn the software are a hinderance. My hat is off to all you guys who can do it!

I think SWMBO used Publisher to create the design. Adding color and cropping to size didnt seem too hard. I think if you just play around with it for a while youll get the hang of it. I bought gummed paper @ the LHBS for $5. So this was a pretty cheap endeavor. Pretty, pretty, pretty cheap!

Back