Need fast help, bottling right now. what size is this bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeMizz

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how many ounces this bottle is and how much white sugar to add to each bottle? please.

I got 7 of these bottles with my brewing kit but never asked the previous owner how many ounces they are! I have work at 8pm I wanted to bottle before work as I've had my brew fermenting for 3 1/2 weeks

please help.. it looks like a canada dry type ginger ale or tonic water bottle

bott.jpg

bott1.jpg

Looks like a one liter to me. Do you have a bottling bucket? Sounds like no. Adding sugar to bottles can be inconsistent. But 1tsp should be close.

yea no bottling bucket this was my first brew so I'm pretty basic and not to well equipped.. However, next batch I'm going big !

It is a lot easier to add the bottling sugar to the beer. Stir very gently but thoroughly and then bottle. Do a search for priming calculators to find out how much to use.

Northern Brewer has one on there website. It is accessed at the bottom of the page under "resources".

I still think 1tsp per bottle should get you pretty close to ideal without going over. Better to err on the lighter side...Get a bottling bucket rigged up for next batch. And get a small digital scale,like I got at super Walmart for $20. The bottling bucket will be around $12.

As for the size of the bottle, why not just fill it with water and pour the water into a measuring cup to check the volume?

If you have a 5 gallon batch, dissolve 2/3 to 3/4 cup of sugar to beer before bottling

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

The op doesn't have the equipment at present to bulk prime. Hence his question about how much sugar to add to each bottle. By the by,I have relatives in & around Rockville.

Use a secondary fermenter or a 3 gallon pot (2.5 gallons twice, I guess) to batch prime. You can always bottle with a siphon. Prime it well and use either a bottling wand or a thumb-lock on the tubing to control flow for bottling.

Latest posts

Back