Need Cab Franc help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerCutter

Reaction score
Hi all, first off just wanted to say that I have learned so much from you all, this place is great.:rockin: I do have a couple of questions I need help with though. Within the next two days, (Wed. or Thurs.), I will be getting around 300 to 400 lbs. of Cabernet Franc grapes. I was wondering if anyone knew how long I can store these before crushing, I was hoping to wait until the weekend to work on this. I have access to walk-in coolers, so is short term storage possible? Also, since I've only done one other batch of wine from grapes, what kind of yeast would be best for this grape? Thanks in advance.:)

It depends on the condition of the grapes how long you can store them. If they are sound,hand picked grapes in small boxes they can store for a few days. If they have burst skins and juice in the bottom they need to be crushed and fermented as soon as possible.

There are a lot of red wine yeasts, but most are only available in commercial quantities. The yeast isn't that important, whatever is available locally would be fine.

Back