need advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icebob

Reaction score
Ok I bit the bullet and will build a single tier brewstand with struts after reading this thread, the stand building itself is not and issue and pretty straightforward... my brain go into slowmo when trying to figure out how to "plumb" it:eek:think already have all the parts, (homedepot is not that far, and I've never done a project without going there at least a couple times!) here's my planned setup: 8 gallon kettle as HLT, 10 gallons Igloo cooler as Mash tun, 10 gallon Blichmann kettle for wort, 2 chugger pumps, blichmann Therminator to cool stuff down, 2 burners, blichmann auto sparge for the MLT, also have a water filter to plumb in the deal.... My plan is to hard plumb the stand and add quick disconnect for moveability. I need guidance for the plumbing part... Thanks in advance...

got em a while back... the only thing not here yet are the brckets for the struts build... and maybe a couple ball valve that i can get locally

Oh ok. My only suggestion was going to be to have the ability to do 10g batches if your going to go through all of the expense to build this thing. My plumbing for the gas will all be 1/2" black pipe into the valves and then gas hose to the burners. Silicone hoses for wort with stainless full flow fittings

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Get hi-temp silicone hoses. BobbyM's site (brewhardware.com) is great. I got my pumps and the" add a pump kit" deal that has all the hoses, clamps, and camlock fittings. I would put male camlocks on the ball valves, pumps, etc,. then female camlocks on the hoses. Works great, no leaks when all mated up, and looks good too.

what i really want to do is mostly hard plumbing... as copper tubing and fittings... my concern is where to put ball valve to be efficient....

Back