Need a submersible CIP pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfrazier77

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Fellow brewers,
I need some pump help. I need a submersible pump for CIP cleaning of my conical. My conical is a Brewhemoth, yes I have had it for a while. I had a great 900 watt pump that I purchased in 2011 and worked great with no issues. Picture attached. Then a couple of months ago my basement flooded and it was halfway submerged in murky water. It was the sump that flooded, not sewer. I decided not to risk it so I got a new pump. It is a 1 hp stainless housing submersible, https://www.amazon.com/Edxtech-Stai...mersible+pump&qid=1555709718&s=gateway&sr=8-5.

Here is the problem, I went into the brew area and it was submerged in a bucket. The bucket was full of rust. I took the pump apart and the motor housing is not stainless.

So is there any 1 horse, or 900 watt, submersible pump out there that someone is using that is good? Thanks!!!!!
20190419_174444.jpg

Back