NB English Pale Ale with Wyeast 1945 NeoBritannia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pezman1

Reaction score
Just bottled the above beer.

This beer sat in primary exactly one month before I bottled. Active fermentation started quickly (I use a one liter starter) and lasted for quite a while. Fermentation temp was held to 68-70 degrees.

The beer cleared very well (I use whirlfloc) and the yeast cake was somewhat jelly-like, making it very easy to rack to the bottling bucket without picking up slurry. FG was 1.012

The beer tasted relatively clean and dry for an English Ale, with subdued fruitiness, allowing clean malt and hop flavors to be dominant. I didn't notice any off flavors, except maybe a slight tannin-like bite, like strong tea.

I have gotten better at evaluating a beer at bottling time, and think this one will be a winner once it has been in the bottle for a few weeks and carbed up.

So far, I like this yeast. Especially the fact that it seems to like the higher temps. As I live in Texas, this is no small matter for me.

Cheers! Pez.

Cool I've got a sweet stout downstairs fermenting with the NeoB. I noticed it's been about two weeks fluctuating between 63-68 and still had some krausen when I peeked.

Sounds like a good yeast strain!

Back