National Hombrew Day!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Officially National Homebrew Day. Congrats all. Brewing a simple ESB. Just racked an Extra Pale Ale to free up a carboy. Going to be a great weekend.

My other "kit" came in today, but I forgot I ordered liquid yeast, so I guess it's the Texas pale ale since the starter for it will be ready.

Some grilling sounds nice too. Might have to add that to the homebrewing manifest!

Im brewing the same thing, what yeast are you using with it? I have a starter of wyeast greenbelt going

I was thinking of pit bbq, but wife decided yesterday to make a couple pans of lasagna for later. She's makin coffee & cleaning the kitchen so I can do my thing first. Gotta love that! :rockin:

I ended up brewing yesterday, just because I had the time. A blonde with Meridian hops. Fir some reason, my efficiency was too good, so this will be have higher ABV than I wanted (around 5.5%. I was going for a little under 5).

My other concern is that I pitched too warm and it's taking time to cool. It's at 68 right now in the ferm chamber that's set for 63.

My grains & LME's came in the other day for the next couple batches. Irish red PM up this morning. Maybe fishin tomorrow since it's free fish Ohio weekend as well. If not, maybe get the new recipe for the Whiskely stout going. I came up with the Irish red recipe two years ago in BS2, but never got around to brewing it. So today is a good day...:mug: It was, dammit. Forgot to pick up the spring water. Gotta run to GE & get it!

Sunny and 75F today, some sort of AG brown-ish ale, and ribs on the ugly drum smoker. Should be a good day.

No brewing today but I did harvest some yeast last night... does that count?

2015-05-01 19.19.25.jpg

Going to bottle a pale ale today, then probably work on a "beersperiment" on a cream ale of my own silly design

Wasn't planning on brewing today but after seeing that today was national homebrew day how could I resist. Doing back to back batches, an all simcoe ipa (hop standing as I post) and already mashing is a golden monkey lite. 70 degrees and sunny too, about as nice as it gets.

Well, I finally mashed in. But while I was setting things up, the mash shot up to 165F. Dammit. I used cold spring water to cool it down, but it went down to 146, 9 degrees lower than I intended. Dammit. I hope I didn't denature the enzymes too much. Never messed up like that before. i took the thermometer out so I wouldn't break it while stirring the mash. Big mistake.

Clean up time, the texas independence pale ale wort tastes awesome! Pitch the greenbelt when its chilled some in the carboy

I am not brewing today, but I did go and get the rest of the ingredients to brew a PM brown and a OM APA with Centennial, Challenger and Falconer's Flight. I need to get the yard work done so that hopefully I can brew both batched tomorrow.

Brewing up 2 gallons of my house pale ale today. Gonna try putting it on Nitro and see how it turns out!

Sounds like fun! I'm gonna get the mash water going in a minute. finally got the grains crushed, all 8.6lbs! This'll be my biggest PM yet! :ban:

If you're able to mash that much, why not do a smaller batch with just grain?

I just prefer 5 gallons worth to maybe a twelve pack or so. But dang, my back hurts, my hips are sore & I'm tired from being at it all day. Just spot cleaning the spigot & FV before I finish it all up & get a hydrometer sample. Now if I just wouldn't have forgotten to rehydrate the yeast...

Just pitched the 04 into my Oatmeal Stout brew day over. Long brew day out in the hot florida sun but better better than last years rainy big brew! We had about 10 brewers out and about 20-30 visitors so it was fun times. My brew day started with a stuck sparge from mashing to thick to try and use my 5g cooler over my keggle... Missed some numbers but made beer.

I brewed a Blonde today. That will have to count, as I have to go to work on Monday.

I didn't brew but I talked about brewing for a while today. I explained how to brew and why Belgian beers are unique in depth to an old buddy of mine I hadn't seen in a while. I also shared a couple bottles of my tripel that is just now getting good with him. He loved it.

Saw a burst of bubbles out of my Irish red this morning. Got a good cold break yesterday, so all's well so far.

Damn ! I had no idea it was Homebrew day on Saturday , at least I got a batch in on Sunday :)

I made a rye IPA with a friend who had never brewed before. Looking forward to the end result! I can't remember but I think I missed last years national homebrew day... Either way, got one in this year! :mug:

I did an Imperial Pale Ale recipe from my LHBS , I added an extra pound of DME and some Mosaic to the flavor addition and and some citra at flame out and manual whirl pooled for like 30 mins before adding my first proper yeast starter .. I ended up at about 1.085-88 over the expected .75-.80 .. My. First brew day solo , sucks not having my old best friend with my for the exp , but I hope he's would be doing the same thing I was at the time .. What an awesome app this is .. So much info and not enough time

Back