Names for fetuses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know that many of you have called your fetus "bean" or "the_bean". I still think that the_bird has a daughter named Bean.

I was referring to my daughter's that way for a while. I mean, it's just the size of a bean and I didn't want to call it "it".

But it suddenly hit me- my son-in-law to be has a surname of Adams. My grandchild will be part of the Adams Family. So, now I call him or her "Gomez". I guess it'll have to be "Wednesday" if it's a girl. I could call him "Fester" but my daughter would really hate that.

What nicknames did you have for your babies?

Adams?

How can you not be referring to him as "Sam"? :confused:

Bean was actually the_Fish in utero. She became Bean when she was swaddled for the first time. Q's been being alternately referred to as "the_Noob," "Qube," and "the Turducken" (he's a baby wrapped inside a uterus inside a woman).

Incidentally.... looks like my wife's water is starting to leak....

I liked Evan!'s name, too... wasn't it Cletus The Fetus?

Our daughter, now named Rebekah, was rice baby for a long time... At one point early on, momma mentioned to the kids that the baby started out tiny like a grain of rice, and one of them started calling mommy's tummy "rice baby."

Our family has a bit of an ongoing problem with cutesy embarrassing nicknames.

All babies from fetushood till 18 years of age should be called "Dickwad"

It worked just fine for me! I grew up to be President! :)

I think we referred to my oldest as the "little kegger", since my wife's belly was getting as big as a 1/2bbl and she referred to her boobs as "taps". :D Purely to keep my interest, as while she was reading "What to Expect When You're Expecting" I was reading "Designing Great Beers".

Adams?

How can you not be referring to him as "Sam"? :confused:

Bean was actually the_Fish in utero. She became Bean when she was swaddled for the first time. Q's been being alternately referred to as "the_Noob," "Qube," and "the Turducken" (he's a baby wrapped inside a uterus inside a woman).

Incidentally.... looks like my wife's water is starting to leak....

I liked Evan!'s name, too... wasn't it Cletus The Fetus?

Well, it's about time the_Noob makes an appearance! Hopefully he'll show up later tonight!

I never even thought of Sam- I just think of the Addams Family theme song, and see Gomez's goofy face and know that it suits.

I almost forgot about Cletus! That was a great name.

ooh! I've really got my thinking cap on now!!

A fetus would obviously be even less intelligent than Paris Hilton.....ie lighter in intellect...

I propose the name Paris lite! ;)

We called my sisters fetus Tadpole because they have tails near the beginning.

A friends fetus we named Chebacca or Chewie after the father was complaining of back hair (he was a big star wars fan).

I need to think of one because we just found out we are expecting last weekend. I call it "it" right now or "he, him." I am like 100% it will be a boy.

"Nugget" for our first boy.

"nougat" for the second.

I called the second one "Crash" becasue we didn't want to say 'accident' outloud. . . .;)

Gator bait. Keep that name going for a few years after and hold 'em up side down by one ankle over whatever body of water you're at, like the gator exhibit at the zoo, and you won't have too many problems with the kid.

Until about 8 hours ago we called our daughter "Little Miss". Now that she is born, I guess we will have to come up with a real name.

I need to think of one because we just found out we are expecting last weekend. I call it "it" right now or "he, him." I am like 100% it will be a boy.

Yeah, all my kids were boys too, except for that one in the middle that was a girl. Still trying to figure out what to do with a girl child. They're weird.

the sprog. when she was born she was the munchkin, and now she's got several nicknames, depending on how silly we are being, most revolving around 'monkey'.

We called my son "Mojito" before he was born; our way of telling friends and family that we weren't going to tell them his name.
Conor doesn't seem to hold it against us; granted he's only 6 weeks old.

Yeah, all my kids were boys too, except for that one in the middle that was a girl. Still trying to figure out what to do with a girl child. They're weird.

We dont know what it is yet. My mom had three boys and my wife's mother had 2 boys out of 4 kids. so I feel like there is a good chance we will get a boy. I was trying to explain to my wife today that boys are into way cooler stuff then girls, like model rockets, those robot claws, remote control cars (those were just the three that came up).

Hehehe, Gomaz, that's awesome, Yooper.

I have, nor do I plan on having, a "bean", but I have been known to name inadimate objects and my plants and yeast. Usually when they are starting out I call them, "Little guy(s)", later in life they go the dog route and are called "good boys". My car's named 'ol Blue.

My dad was always called Sergeant by his peers in the military, so I called our fetus Sergeant for awhile. Had a nice ring to it.

I've been using Kiddo and Baby. Although if I say Baby, it has to be said with the same high pitched girlish enthusiasm my neice has when she's patting SWMBOs preggo belly.:p

We called Leah 'The Ewok' while I was carrying her and now (if i'm not calling her by name) my favorite nickname is 'The Pants'.

Congrats to all the guys that are expecting little ones or have new little ones!

All our fetuses were known as cletus until there wiggly bits became large enough to see with a ultrasound.

Once they were born, they get called whatever they respond too.

Hey Melana, why "The Pants"? Sounds like there's a good story there :)

We called Leah 'The Ewok' while I was carrying her and now (if i'm not calling her by name) my favorite nickname is 'The Pants'.

Congrats to all the guys that are expecting little ones or have new little ones!

Honestly I don't exactly know why I call her The Pants or Little Pants or My Pants but i started calling her that one day and it stuck in my mind.
On a slightly side note any time we have to go to the bathroom now we say that we 'have to change our pants' instead.

Back