Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
indeed it was! I've been to Mardi Gras in NOLA and also Biloxi, MS (all pre-Katrina), but never to the celebrations in Mobile

Good deal. I've been to 8 different Oktoberfests in Munich, 12 times...:rock: It helped that I lived only 40 miles from Munich for 4 years and Bamberg for 5.

OK, EASY one...I've been to this country a dozen times or more...

100_0966.jpg

Last edited:
Woo hoo! My passing interest in mayan culture finally paid off. Lol, I have a pic of myself at the top of el castillo or whatever it is and I am so hungover, almost need to share. Yep, no more climbing it. Speaking of climbing, I climbed a snake infested trail up this one. No one made it to the bottom but my wife, the guide and I. No idea why we needed the trail we took. Ruins and monkeys along the way. Rain and scorpions, it was pretty epic.
Screenshot_2018-11-01-22-41-24.png
Screenshot_2018-11-01-22-36-47.png

That's Lake Atitlan, Guatemala...

I tried (planned) to go there and every time I started with lining up times and matching reservations they had an earthquake.

I also wanted to go to Antiqua for their week-long school and stay with a family (I like roughing it that way) and of course the overnight bus ride to Palenque...but...

Very close but no cigar. It's really cool you went to Coba. My wife got her Bachelor's in anthropology and I read her Mayan books for fun, because I found the books really interesting. I would really like to go to see the big Aztec pyramids.

Very close but no cigar. It's really cool you went to Coba. My wife got her Bachelor's in anthropology and I read her Mayan books for fun, because I found the books really interesting. I would really like to go to see the big Aztec pyramids.

Me too. I've vacationed in over 2 dozen countries and I haven't seen enough.

Not Atitlan? I see 2 of the volcanos...hmmm. OK, then it's Arenal, Costa Rica...FINAL ANSWER!

(I used to subscribe to International Living...so I got all the brochures for cheap retirement places to live).

Interesting, my mom's friend retired in Costa Rica. They moved back for health care. Beaches that were empty and pristine I have heard have hotels on them. It would be so weird to go back. I like to travel to and all these places I haven't been to and then all the sudden a couple I have. I have been to Arenal as well and the bottom looked scary and smokey. Not in costa rica.

That brackish water is a perfect breeding ground for bull sharks. I don't know how I got talked into taking a kayak out to this island offshore in that water but we did. Something was bumping our boat on the way back and we freaked out and went ashore. And then proceeded back out. Strangely enough there was a monkey on that little Island that I thought was cute and then my wife realized he was going to make a jump for the kayak. We high tailed it out. I got a picture of the trail and that's about it. It was either raining or just wet and I had these super slick, worn out, cheap, Nike hiking boots. The sticks coming out of the ground where sharp and everywhere. I have hiked through plenty of jungle and this one was ominous. There are wild howler monkeys on the hillside and one of them took a little run at us. It was like a Scooby-Doo episode slipping and sliding.
20181103_092458.jpg
20181103_092453.jpg

OK, I know it's not Pearl (I stayed at the waterway entrance to Pearl and was told to stop taking pictures of the submarines by DHS (on a guide boat), they said I was on private property, I said I know, I'm staying right over there (pointing to house) and it's on the same private property...), but how about Hawaii?

Latest posts

Back