Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess it's time for a hint.

This is an iconic venue. But, it is most often seen is from the back; up in the cheap seats. Not these posh, you-paid-how-much-for-that-box? seats up front. Thankfully the tix were a gift from an appreciative customer. And by appreciative I mean, "thanks-for-the-huge-discount-enjoy-my-box" appreciative.

We brought several bottles of vino and well-provisioned picnic basket. I mean, you can't go to this place, sit down in the boxes, and not bring stinky cheese, right?

Last edited:
Sorry thought I posted this the other day. Let me try again:

IMG_1382.JPG

We were there for a week in 2003. I enjoyed it the entire time. I've vacationed in over 2 dozen countries on 3 continents. I've met some really friendly people, but I think the Irish are the friendliest people on the planet. I drove over 1100 miles (on the wrong side of the road) and didn't have an accident. Somehow, the car got "damaged" on the last day. It must have been in a parking lot while we were out walking. Anyway, not knowing what to expect, I paid for the extra FULL COVERAGE insurance beforehand and when the guy found the "damage" he mentioned I'd have to pay for it, I told him I already did. He said that was smart of me. LOL!

Likewise, about a decade later. Spent a couple of days in Dublin, then drove to Shannon via the south coast. Lovely land, lovely people. Tiny roads. And the one way signs are usually because if you try to go the other way, you’re going to leave part of your car on a building older than your country. I, too, paid the full boat insurance, and used it.
Slaince!

I recognized that canyon, and the cliff dwellings pic made it easy. Went there on a family trip in the early '70s. Funny, I'll be returning to that area in a few weeks, as we'll be visiting some Nat'l parks in CO and UT.

So, here we go. Speaking of family trips from long ago, I took this pic summer '73. Sorry if it's a bit dark--I scanned it from a Kodachrome slide.

1973 Trip.jpg

Back