Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good guesses, but wrong. The skyline is, in fact, the 200 area of the DOE nuclear reservation in south-eastern Washington state where the plutonium used in the Trinity test (and featured in the recent Oppenheimer movie) was produced.

But since I am stood right next to the x-arm of the LIGO Hanford Observatory, I'll have to hand it to @bruce_the_loon. The picture was taken June 23, 2016 while I was up there working with the detector calibration team. Chronlogically, that's about half way between the first detection of gravitational waves from colliding black holes in September 2015, and the detection of the first neutron star merger in August 2017.

@bruce_the_loon you're up!

All good guesses, but wrong. The skyline is, in fact, the 200 area of the DOE nuclear reservation in south-eastern Washington state where the plutonium used in the Trinity test (and featured in the recent Oppenheimer movie) was produced.

But since I am stood right next to the x-arm of the LIGO Hanford Observatory, I'll have to hand it to @bruce_the_loon. The picture was taken June 23, 2016 while I was up there working with the detector calibration team. Chronlogically, that's about half way between the first detection of gravitational waves from colliding black holes in September 2015, and the detection of the first neutron star merger in August 2017.

@bruce_the_loon you're up!
I don't think I even noticed the actual skyline before I identified the concrete arm. Anyhoo, here goes along the same theme.

oddplace.jpg

Nothing like that ever happened in Placerville. Not Joplin, Tornadoes seldom leave things in one piece. The house was pretty much still whole.

Back