Name That Skyline - Picture Game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0886.jpg

Still learning the new interface...sorry it took so long to post.

Quebec again? That looks like the Quebecois flag (the blue bits have white dots that could be fleurs-de-lis), and there's a street sign in French near the kid...

Good pic. Started thinking that looked like the street in Sound of Music she's running along at the beginning just after she leaves the convent.
Moving on, here's a twofer - same scene (well, mostly), day and night. I will say that I don't think the rainbow lights in the back of the night scene are there year-round.
P7250031.JPG
nighttime140.JPG

To summarize so for:

It's west of Krakow and Budapest, and East of Dresden and Bratislava. That leaves a very narrow range of longitude.

It's on a good-sized river, or maybe a bay, and has a couple impressive-looking cathedrals. Expressway bridge with rail lines, gentle hills in the background. If it's east of Bratislava, it's certainly not Germany or Austria. Architecture makes me think it's in some former east-bloc country, perhaps in the Balkan region, or up in Poland. Anyway, it doesn't look like any city I've been to.

I'll take one more shot at it tonight, and maybe someone else can jump in with ideas. Gdansk?

To summarize so for:

It's west of Krakow and Budapest, and East of Dresden and Bratislava. That leaves a very narrow range of longitude.

It's on a good-sized river, or maybe a bay, and has a couple impressive-looking cathedrals. Expressway bridge with rail lines, gentle hills in the background. If it's east of Bratislava, it's certainly not Germany or Austria. Architecture makes me think it's in some former east-bloc country, perhaps in the Balkan region, or up in Poland. Anyway, it doesn't look like any city I've been to.

I'll take one more shot at it tonight, and maybe someone else can jump in with ideas. Gdansk?

No. You are correct, neither Germany nor Austria. Gdańsk is a good guess, but too far east. If no hits tomorrow I’ll post a picture of off to the left, which has a building that should be a giveaway.

Back