Name my dog - Golden Retriever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

korndog

Reaction score
I'm looking for a name for our family pet. She is a Golden Retirever puppy with a light colored coat. Something with a beer twist would be nice.
Amber is one we are considring.

Best
KD

Butthole??, naw. just joking.

How about George W Bush!!
No that's no good either. HMM. The golden warrior of wort!! That's IT..

Luck to you and your new canine.

My Golden's name is Dave Mustaine.

I think Amber is a great name. Barley is also a good one. I don't think you could get away with a name like 20L. :)

I should start a thread about how many of us have pets with beer names. I have a Barley as well, actually suprised I got the SWMBO and kids to buy off on that one.

Without pics? Jeez.

Krausen? Gueuze? Cyser? Spalt.

Sorry; those are good names, but not sure if SWMBO will agree. Barley might work though. It's cute enough. I like Gueze, but hwat chance do I have?.

IMG_0521.jpg

Although my dogs name isn't totally beer related, it's close, as it's Edelweiss (Edel for short), incidentally the name of my Hefeweizen.

Cute puppy by the way (aren't they all, except maybe the Chinese Crested puppies).

My daughter just now suggested Octoberfest, cascade, lager, Corona, or Barley.

The funny thing is when I got MY dog in March, she hated all of those names and we named our lab Toby. It was the only name any of us could agree on.

My daughter just now suggested Octoberfest, cascade, lager, Corona, or Barley.

Cute, I don't think I could name my dog Corona, but I kind of like it.

Porter is a good name if I had a boy dog.

Nugget is also cool.

So far, the only beery name I could get through is Amber; the girls are pushing for Ginger. I guess it's beer related, sort of.

So far, the only beery name I could get through is Amber; the girls are pushing for Ginger. I guess it's beer related, sort of.

This also gives you the ability to you "Ginger!" angrily in public places with no consequences

Not beer related, but since my Golden is also more of a blonde, her name is Ellie May.

Ellie is the name of Avery's Brown Ale which is named after their dog. Actually the dog's name is Elle, which was also the original name of the beer until that stupid magazine sued them

Ellie is the name of Avery's Brown Ale which is named after their dog. Actually the dog's name is Elle, which was also the original name of the beer until that stupid magazine sued them

Oh. Well, my dog is named after my favorite TV blonde, Ellie May Clampett.......:eek:

elly_may_clampett.jpg

I'm gonna go with the name I suggested for the rescued kitten earlier this year...Saison.

And, oh, did I stew over that one. Sat up hours at night pondering "Saison" vs. "Trub." I eventually went with Trub, as she has been "Trubble" indeed.

(And, by the way, turns out she's a Maine Coon. We found out totally by accident when we took her to the vet for spaying. I'll have to get some pics and put an update on that thread.)

As for the golden, what a cutie! They are great dogs. Best of luck getting her through the teething stage...:)

I guess I'm more of an ironic/sarcastic type of person.....The first name that comes to mine for a golden retriever is 'Blacky'.....Just because it'll confuse people.... Just my sense of humor I guess....

Back