Name my bar!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really have nothing? All the time dreaming of owning a bar and never a name? What kind of bar? Sports bar? All craft beer? Restaurant too?

I'll-planned. ;-) that's the name. Or "it's a bar".

First Suite (or Suite 1) as an homage to your instrument.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Friendly Tavern.

We have a place with the same name on the beach here, little bungalo place that is always packed with revelers. I did karaoke one night there, on elvis's birthday. We only did Elvis that night. I sang hunka hunka burning love. It's the Friendly Tavern.

Bar-oque as in the art form as well as being a, well, bar. It could work on many levels. If you are going to bbq as well it could be Bar-o-Que I like puns.

I used to stop at NoWhere. Used to be called NoPlace. "Where ya goin?" "Nowhere."

Also there was a place we called The Hot L. Because the "e" was burned out on the sign.

Hah. There is a restaurant that I know of called the Flying Fish. The ly kept burning out so it was the Fing Fish. So maybe something that is flying. Like the Flying Nun?

Haha sorry couldn't resist!

2014-06-23 21.38.52.jpg

Well, in case anyone is curious, we finally settled on a rather generic name...

Tavern 1608

(1608 being the street number)

FWIW, this place is currently turning a profit with no promotions/advertising. The current owners are 80 & 72 and ready to retire. Their asking price was ridiculously low and includes everything...all equipment, inventory, 1.5 acres, and 5 camper spots with hook-ups (they're even leaving lawnmower, tools, etc).

Tavern 1608 sounds decent.
I'd been thinking "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" ... or maybe "Jacksonburg, Virginia, Wallace Pike", but that sounds a bit too much like an accounting firm.

Back