Naked City Brewing has a location!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HBT meetup at Naked City sounds awesome! Count me in. :mug:

The steel bar top arrives tomorrow. We passed final electrical inspection today. Final plumbing inspection and Liquor Control Board inspection is scheduled for tomorrow. Health Dept inspection should happen by the end of the week. If all goes according to schedule, we are shooting for an October 15th opening. I'll keep you all updated.

In the meantime, a few more pictures.

Heres a look at the kitchen as of yesterday.

We'll have an air fryer, panini grill, soup cooker/warmer and sandwich prep station

Naked City Construction 09.29.08 037.jpg

Naked City Construction 09.29.08 039.jpg

Naked City Construction 09.29.08 040.jpg

Naked City Construction 09.29.08 041.jpg

Finally got some art on the walls thanks to my buddy George.

And thanks to olllllo and Mrs. olllllo, I also received another very special item that will be displayed prominently at the pub. (Photo will come tomorrow. Forgot my camera today.)

Naked City Construction 09.29.08 042.jpg

Naked City Construction 09.29.08 043.jpg

Naked City Construction 09.29.08 052.jpg

Brewery has a ways to go. We will get all the construction tools out of here tomorrow so that we can slope the floors next week and bring in the brew system.

Naked City Construction 09.29.08 045.jpg

We did get our 750lb Co2 tank installed

Naked City Construction 09.29.08 048.jpg

I love checking in on your progress. It's looking great and thanks for keeping us in the loop!

BTW, I watched "The Naked City" (1948) last night and I agree it was a fantastic film. I imagine you'll have a big 1940's NY skyline print somewhere on the wall. :)

Oh, and sorry if this has been asked, but will patrons be able to see into the brewery area at all?

Outstanding. I think it's a real classy look and like it :rockin:

Seriously, though - where's the bathrooms?:confused:

Don its looking great, I don't know when I will get a chance to come out and see it but hopefully it will be in the near future. Can't wait to see more.

Not using a beer gas blend? I thought at your scale you would.

Actually, yes we are. We have line drops of straight Co2 coming down for each fermenter for transfers and a line running to a mixed gas generator. one line at 60% Co2/40% Nitrogen to push beer to the taps and a line at 25% Co2/75% Nitrogen for our nitro tap. I'll get a picture of all that once I get the store room cleaned out.

Outstanding. I think it's a real classy look and like it :rockin:

Seriously, though - where's the bathrooms?:confused:

We were fortunate that the bathrooms are already built out and are located in a common area hallway at the rear of our space.

Brewtopia, looks awesome. Let me know if you've any Health Department questions. I used to be a health inspector and, subsequently, a supervisor of health inspectors. (The pay sucks, which is why I got out!)

Hwmbo and I are a maybe. Finances are pretty tight with the new house, but we want to check it out, so we'll see.

If the opening ends up being the 15th, I'll probably roll over that weekend.

That looks like its coming along nicely. Is that a plywood bar? I've been look at doing that in a commercial type setting too.

That looks like its coming along nicely. Is that a plywood bar? I've been look at doing that in a commercial type setting too.

Actually no, we got the hot rolled steel bartop welded in place today.

Sorry for the picture quality, I left my other camera at home

Cutting the steel to fit around one of the back bar pillars
NC Bartop 009.JPG

Welding the bar top in place

NC Bartop 012.JPG

NC Bartop 013.JPG

NC Bartop 016.JPG

NC Bartop 017.JPG

I'll get a better picture of the completed bar top tomorrow

Looks good!

I built a bar here in Vegas last summer with a medieval theme to it. Faux rock everywhere.....a very dungeon-esque atmosphere. Built a bar top very similar to yours.

griffin.jpg

the only pic I could find.

Looking very nice!

Next time I'm at Seattle Tacoma airport, I'm deff going to stop by if time permits.

Better and better Brewtopia. I like the idea of HBT people meeting up around opening. It will be nice to put real life personalities to the posts and pictures.

If this is really happening on the 15th i'll certainly be able to be there anytime after 6, and I might even take the next day off. :tank::drunk:

The steel bartop

NC 10.2.08 042.jpg

NC 10.2.08 044.jpg

And a special thanks to olllllo and Mrs. olllllo for the framed Naked City lobby card :rockin:

004.jpg

003.jpg

And 24 shiny new Perlicks

Perlicks 006.jpg

WOW...that looks so awesome.

D, Les and I won't be able to make it up there for the opening, but when she gets back from her deployment, we are going there for a few days. I cannot wait to see it. Absolutely amazing pictures. It looks amazing!

Suspect seen fleeing towards Silverdale, in pursuit by Officer Big Mac.

......witnesses claim that suspect is not working alone.... a black and white stripe caped individual loosely fitting the description of the infamous "Hamburgler" was seen driving a possible getaway vehicle. More on this, plus a new report on alcoholism's effect on public nudity to follow at 10 O'Clock .

well i must say SWEET. today is October 1st...whats the official open date? and did you get your brewing variance? for the brewery!

Sorry so late on the congrats, I have been away for a lil bit, just read the entire thread. The prgoress looks awsome and I wish you the best of luck. If I ever get the chance to make it up your way I will swing in for several pints.

Ok, so I admit, I have not read the entire thread in quite a while...
so I will just ask...
Is there an announced opening date yet?
Will there be a corner marked off that night for the HBT people?
It if is at all possible, I want to be there...

Ok, so I admit, I have not read the entire thread in quite a while...
so I will just ask...
Is there an announced opening date yet?
Will there be a corner marked off that night for the HBT people?
It if is at all possible, I want to be there...

No firm date yet. We received our liquor license last week along with Fire Marshall sign off. Monday is final DPD inspection. After that, I need to schedule the health dept inspection. Once that is approved, we will set a firm opening date. You guys will be the first to know when that is. :mug:

Back