Naked City Brewing has a location!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will the pub be open by Labor Day? :)

I doubt it. However, We just got word on Friday that DPD has approved the final plans and we should have stamped permits this week. Once we get those in hand, we can call in for inspections and start covering things up. It should all move pretty fast from that point on.

We hope to have the taphouse open by late September/early October and the brewery by the end of the year.

I'll post updated pictures once we start hanging sheet rock.

Things are starting to move along very quickly now. We have all of our permits and have passed plumbing, electrical and framing inspections. Monday we got all the trenches filled and started framing the barrier wall between the family dining area and the bar.

Today we started hanging sheetrock and paneling the bar area. we should finish the sheetrock by tomorrow and we can finish mudding the walls and getting them ready for paint.

The walk in cooler is scheduled for installation tomorrow.

Here are a few more pics.

Naked city construction 008.jpg

Naked city construction 010.jpg

Naked city construction 011.jpg

Naked city construction 012.jpg

Naked city construction 014.jpg

This is awesome. Things do look like they're moving along quickly, and hopefully smoothly. Thank you so much for sharing this exciting time with all of us!

if I can ever open a brewpub I will die happy
Hopefully not right when you opened it, though -- it'd be nice to own it for awhile first. :)

As to the OP's brew pub in progress, looking good. If I ever were to find a reason to be in the area, I'll be sure to drop in.

Rick

Holy hell, Don. Mucho congrats! Sunny and I were innocently driving through Greenwood on the way back from washing the dog and I saw the Naked City logo on the building and about pooped my pants from excitement. I cannot wait to visit your place with extreme regularity.

If there's anything I can do to help out, please let me know!

Paul

Holy hell, Don. Mucho congrats! Sunny and I were innocently driving through Greenwood on the way back from washing the dog and I saw the Naked City logo on the building and about pooped my pants from excitement. I cannot wait to visit your place with extreme regularity.

If there's anything I can do to help out, please let me know!

Paul

lol, next time your in the neighborhood stop by. We're there 12-14 hours a day trying to get this thing built.

Speaking of... Here are a few more pics of the progress. We should be ready for paint by the weekend! :ban:

View from the front door. All the drywall is up, taped and mudded. Bar trim pieces will go on first of next week.
Naked City Construction 09.04.08 011.jpg

Looking into the kitchen pickup window
Naked City Construction 09.04.08 013.jpg

The 10' x 16' walk-in cooler was put up on Tuesday. Tomorrow it'll get electricity.
Naked City Construction 09.04.08 015.jpg

Another view from the front door showing more of the barrier wall. The liquor control board requires this wall to separate the bar area from the family friendly area. Even though you can drink in both areas...don't ask. :rolleyes:
We put a bar top on it so at least people can sit at it and drink.
Naked City Construction 09.04.08 017.jpg

Of course, I always have to stay connected to HBT. :mug:
Naked City Construction 09.04.08 019.jpg

I'll be in Seattle in mid-Nov. Looks like I'm going to need to pop in. Looking good!

Livin the dream, fella! It's really shaping up nicely... Looks like about the right size if I were to open a place. I need to set up a West Coast trip....

Looking good! I'll definitely be stopping by when you are open. Screw the stopping by comment - it's a 100 mile drive - I may have to pitch a cot in the kitchen.:D

Another view from the front door showing more of the barrier wall. The liquor control board requires this wall to separate the bar area from the family friendly area. Even though you can drink in both areas...don't ask. :rolleyes:
We put a bar top on it so at least people can sit at it and drink.
hey brewtopia - thanks for considering this - it's a total PITA in Seattle to get a drink/food when you have kids, at a decent brewpub. Half the time, I just want to get some food, NO drinks, and they turn us away because we have a munchkin. The other half of the time, I want my kid to see adults behaving responsibly around beer. (and of course, enjoy a beer myself).

I often curse the bar owners for not taking the time/expense to install the stupid barrier wall. yeah, it's a stupid rule, but props to you for going through the hassle.

drop me an email when you're getting ready to open: [email protected] I'd love to be on the email list.

Originally posted by tranceamerica - hey brewtopia - thanks for considering this - it's a total PITA in Seattle to get a drink/food when you have kids, at a decent brewpub. Half the time, I just want to get some food, NO drinks, and they turn us away because we have a munchkin. The other half of the time, I want my kid to see adults behaving responsibly around beer. (and of course, enjoy a beer myself).

I often curse the bar owners for not taking the time/expense to install the stupid barrier wall. yeah, it's a stupid rule, but props to you for going through the hassle.

drop me an email when you're getting ready to open: [email protected] I'd love to be on the email list.

Thanks Dave,

Yea, we didn't want to alienate anyone. I have plenty of friends with kids that like to go out and enjoy a great beer.

...and since I'm here, I might as well add some more pics. We should be complete with the build out in another couple weeks. Then, pending final inspections, we should be able to open by the first week of October.

Naked Ciy construction 9.11.08 026.jpg

Naked Ciy construction 9.11.08 029.jpg

Naked Ciy construction 9.11.08 031.jpg

Naked Ciy construction 9.11.08 033.jpg

Naked Ciy construction 9.11.08 034.jpg

Wow Brewtopia......Looks awesome! I'll have to make it back up to Seattle someday now!

I hope you have a good grand opening. Every local HBT member ought to be there!:drunk:

how is the kitchen coming along? I am very interested in the whole build, not just the front end.

Not much in the kitchen yet. Should have paint by Friday and once we get the cove molding around the walls we'll build a couple of counters and start bringing in the equipment next week. I'll update with some pics. I also forgot to take a picture of the 24 tap draft line that was put in a couple days ago.

First week of October!? Yes! I've been patiently waiting all summer to make the long 1.5 mile walk to possibly my new neighborhood bar! yes, it's OK for everyone to be jealous.

Why rough it, michelson39? Ride a bike instead! No need to be savages, you know :D

Build is still looking great, can't wait until we take the trip up to Seattle to dine at your fine establishment.

First week of October!? Yes! I've been patiently waiting all summer to make the long 1.5 mile walk to possibly my new neighborhood bar! yes, it's OK for everyone to be jealous.

Why would I be jealous of that I could throw a rock and hit the bar out my front door. :rockin:3 others within a .5 mile or so walk.

Why would I be jealous of that I could throw a rock and hit the bar out my front door. :rockin:3 others within a .5 mile or so walk.

It would be fun to have all us locals meet up for some beers there. I'm always up for some good beer talk!

We got the mirrors up behind the bar yesterday and the rest of the trim pieces. It's all coming together now. The only thing left to do in the pub, is install the steel bar top and foot rail, stain the floor, put down the base molding and start bringing in furniture. We're going to frame the last stud wall in the brewery tomorrow so my buddy can come in and slope the floor next week. We should be done with the buildout by next week. We should be open shortly after that pending final inspections.

Here are a few more pics

This is what the bar looked like at the end of last week
Naked City Construction 09.16.08 018.jpg

This is what the bar looked like at the end of the day yesterday
Naked City Construction 09.16.08 026.jpg

Kitchen floor and walls are painted. Equipment is going in this week
Naked City Construction 09.16.08 032.jpg

Bar equipment should be in this week as well
Naked City Construction 09.16.08 033.jpg

One lone tap. Soon to be replaced by 24 taps and a cask engine.
Naked City Construction 09.16.08 036.jpg

Nice, a little something for puahana drinks for the workers.
Looking really nice, hopefully one day I'll be up in that area for some good brew.

Back