Mypin TA6 wtf??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plinythebadass

Reaction score
I have had zero luck locating a manu for this bad boy (PID controller, fyi). I'm trying to dial it in and I dont know where to start. I sort of feel like it might work the same way as the Auber models but im not sure. I want to adjust the hysteresis band so I dont over-shoot.

Regards,

Chace Hart

I used mypins... the directions do explain that if you hold the set button for 2 seconds it will take you into the menus...I found I just had to adjust the "i" setting to one to prevent overshooting...they are actually nice pids but the ta6 does not have manual mode unforunatly... you need a "TD" series for that

I did some googling, but at 23...my hyperactive patience wears thin when I can't find it in like 2 minutes. Thanks so much guys really appreciate it!!

Manual mode? I guess, maybe elaborate on that? Please? I know its a bit to ask, but there's just no ready info available for these (even though "manual mode" may be a general term for all controllers). Thanks.

Manual mode? I guess, maybe elaborate on that? Please? I know its a bit to ask, but there's just no ready info available for these (even though "manual mode" may be a general term for all controllers). Thanks.

Well for the pid your using to control your boil kettle, manual mode comes in handy to set a steady even boil because in auto mode the element comes on and off and the boiling constantly starts and stops with the element... if I set my pid to say 70% in manual mode its on for 70% of every second and this creates an even consistent heat level and a steady boil.(regardless of exact temp)

BTW I started with a ta7 before learning this...
heres a good alternative with manual mode.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231206228037?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I hate to jump in this late and i haven't done this in years but I'm setting up a friends unit and where do you turn on manual mode, Ive got the pdf but its very unclear as to how I get to it and every forum post is too vague, what are the actual steps and buttons to push to turn this on and off

I have this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-PID-Te...SNR-Solid-state-relay-SSR-25-DA-/110880595387

When in normal operation mode (not in parameter setting or autotuning mode) the "<</M" button toggles between PID and manual mode. In manual mode the "AT/M" lamp is solid on.

Brew on :mug:

Back