My Year in Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
November 4, 2012 - Sunday Football - HB Uncle Jack IPA

image-1333751952.jpg

*BPHAPBHPBHPHBPH!!!*! <--- spitting Paulaner Octoberfest on my monitor

That's freakin' hilarious!

Nice shot, nice monitor recursiveness! Sorry to see evidence of heartburn though (the acid reducer pills).

Is that thing.. a .. teletubbie?

Oh hell no. If it was there is no way I'd have it facing me while I work.

It's a pottery whistle. They sell them on the beaches in Costa Rica. Very melodious actually. My son bought a sh*t-ton of them when we were there. He gave this one to me.

Charlie Brown Ale? I should search for that recipe to see what it's like, but I'm going to assume that it's pumpkin-oriented. I might be jumping to conclusions here, but if that is the case, shouldn't it rather be called a Linus Ale, since he was the one in the pumpkin patch all the time?

November 25, 2012 - ABC Big Barrel Brew Day - Bloody Mary, Common Man (Three Heads Brewing), Saint Botolph's Town (Pretty Things Beer & Ale Project)

image-2803852383.jpg

image-4031004122.jpg

image-893241041.jpg

image-3124141133.jpg

image-1346466645.jpg

Charlie Brown Ale? I should search for that recipe to see what it's like, but I'm going to assume that it's pumpkin-oriented. I might be jumping to conclusions here, but if that is the case, shouldn't it rather be called a Linus Ale, since he was the one in the pumpkin patch all the time?

Actually it was a custom recipe for a Brown Ale that the party's host (Dr. Nick) helped come up with. It was one of my first, from-scratch recipe attempts.

It turned out great and was well received. The beer has good body and a welcome chocolate character while coming it at a very drinkable 5.5%. Recipe is below - give it a try!

8lbs Maris Otter
1lb Cara-Pils
1lb Crystal 120
1lb Munich Malt
1lb Pale Chocolate Malt
1lb Victory Malt
.5oz Columbus at 60min
.5oz Columbus at 15min
.5oz Cascade at 10min
.5oz Cascade at 5min
Pitched with American Ale Yeast (Wyeast 1056)

Oh, jeez... how embarrassing. Charlie BROWN ALE and I couldn't put two and two together? LOL!

Sounds like a great recipe. Got it copied into my "must try" list. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back