my True Brew Pale Ale experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeyakid

Reaction score
hey guys so I finally tired my first brew which was a True Brew pale ale kit i'll talk a bit about each step

Brewing:
brewing this wasnt as smooth as a first time brewer would have thought, the directions were terrible it gave you no clear temp range and didnt give any good tips, so after an hour of figuring out everything I was able to start brewing, this took approx 4-5 hours in cluding clean up and sanitizing. So not to long the only real problem so the instructions once you get passed that its easy to cook.it started fermenting within 24 hours so that was a great sign. The gravity began to go down slowy and it developed "the beer" smell which was amazing. bottling this ale was also very easy and carbonated in 2 weeks which was great. I wouldnt recommend this for first time brewers though.

Taste: The taste was a bit diffrent then i thought what a pale ae should be, in fact it tasted more like a brown ale because it was nutty. i'm not sure if these are off flavors. it's still a very drinkable though, just not the flavors i was looking for. ANother thing was i didnt do two fermentation's it didnt suggest it though. Overall i'm happy with the experience and hopefully my brews will get better in time

ABV: 4.7%

also my brewers best witbier is currently been in my fermenter for 1 week so hopefully it will come out good because I have heard great thngs about it.

Hey, good to hear! I am brewing that exact same kit at this very moment.

Any suggestions/recommendations if you had to do it over again?

I brewed and pitched 2 days ago, so I've still got some fermentation time.

Hey, good to hear! I am brewing that exact same kit at this very moment.

Any suggestions/recommendations if you had to do it over again?

I brewed and pitched 2 days ago, so I've still got some fermentation time.

the only thing i would watch is how much sediment you put into the bottles i put alittle to much into it and now i'm wondering if that contributed to the nutty taste.

and dont expect to much out of it i mean to me it was more nutty then it should have been but i am no were near qualified to tell if it was or wasnt but its still a very drinkable beer, and also maybe try doing a diffrent kit next brew like i am so you get more experience.

Thanks for the info! I plan to try my own recipe for my next batch.

How long did you let yours go in the fermenter?

Two fermentations? Do you mean moving it to a secondary vessel?

You shouldn't put any sediment into the bottles. This forms as the yeast converts the additional sugars at bottling.

yeah now i know but at the time i was unsure, anyway 3 weeks is long enough i probably did my 3 weeks and a couple od days but thats bc i was busy on the 3 week mark

Back