My take on the Kegerator Tower cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBelli

Beer Lover
Reaction score
I have made the popular DIY tower cooler seen on HBT in the past using a computer fan, RadioShack box, hole saw, and pipe fittings and it works very well but I always thought there must be a better & cheaper way to do this.
Recently purchased a 3D printer to feed my creative side and quickly realized the better way.

This is my version on the DIY tower cooler...
photo13.jpg

I have 3D printed a plastic flanged funnel (neon green part) that I zip tied a PC fan to one end and slid the tube on the other end.
It is easy, simple and cheap. I have made the part to fit onto a 40mm PC fan. While the air flow on a 40mm is less than a larger fan it cools the tower just fine. I'm no scientist, but I believe an 80mm fans air flow being reduced to a 3/4ID tube produces too much resistance and creates "blowback".
Although I did design a flanged part to fit a standard 80mm fan for my friends that wanted it.
photo11.jpg

photo14.jpg

Other brewing related projects I have "printed" ...
• a gadget to hold my temp probe securely to my carboy to get more accurate readings.
• a clamp that holds my 2" sanke tri-clover fermenter assembly onto a 13gallon euro keg (because a standard tri-clover clamp would not fit.)

I think with 3D printing technology becoming more mainstream there will be a entire new collection of custom parts for the home brewer.

---

That is awesome!

You may be making some money on the side with that technology on this website.

I know I'm interested in the temp probe holder!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

CBelli, is the file for this available? Would love to make one of these myself.

Latest posts

Back