My Ss brew bucket arived, quality up to par with yours?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NaZdrowie

Reaction score
I just received my brew bucket and was wondering if the manufacturing quality on mine is similar to other owners here.

I have a line of 1/4" scratches on the lid near the stopper/blowoff hole, and the welds for the handles left some pretty good dimples on the inside of the bucket. The welds for the legs left a line/ridge as well, and there is some noticeable buffing on these areas as well.

Is this normal and should I just get to brewing? Or is this something that needs fixin?

Let me know what you guys think, normal or slipped through QC?

I look forward to brewing in some of these either way!

bew bucket 003.jpg

bew bucket 006.jpg

bew bucket 016.jpg

bew bucket 020.jpg

bew bucket 018.jpg

The dimpling on the inside is pretty normal. I just received the 7 gallon chronical, and had the same marks where the handles/legs are. I can't imagine the scratches on the inside of the lid leading to any problems. I know the feeling of wanting everything to look cosmetically pristine with our shiny new toys, but in reality, some manufacturing marks are inevitably going to make their way through to the final product. I've got a couple dimples on my lid, but thankfully I have the replacement lid for my FTSs that I swapped out :)

I've gone over it again and am thinking its normal from fabrication and is not an issue. This is my first look inside any stainless equipment like this, so took a minute. I emailed Ss and they responded quick and its time to clean it up and prepare for brewin!:mug:

Thanks Andrew, I appreciate the input and I'm on board! It's just how they are made, can't wait to fill 'er up!

Yeah, looks fine to me.

Dimpling is fairly normal and only present because the thickness of the SS allows for it. A thicker grade SS would not do it, but it would be heavier and more $$.

The scratches are also normal given that they would have sanded and smoothed the burrs from the edges of the hole cuts.
If they are on the inside of the conical and you are worried about possibly harboring a bacteria, then you can test it.
Take a piece of cheesecloth (or similar fabric that will detect slight burring)
and run it across the scratches. If they catch then you can lightly sand the scratches with VERY fine abrasive WET sandpaper (made for metal).
Think 620 grit or finer.

Other than that, BREW ON!!!:mug:

Looks just like mine. Mine was awesome for the first brew. I did replace/upgrade the ball valve o-ring with one intended for a weld-less bulkhead..as I couldn't get the thing to seal properly.

Looks normal. I had one that was pitted inside and one that was dented. Neither of those were acceptable to me. I received a third as a gift with a small but deep scratch on the exterior, which irritated me, but better than the other two. I asked SS Brewtech about it and they basically said that due to the manufacturing process, there will be something wrong with all of them. As frustrating as that is to me, I think it's just the way it is.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I've never had or looked into a conical or anything similar so just making sure. I've decided it looks great and I can't wait to use it. I will be adding another soon.

brewkinger,
I did just that with a q-tip, no burrs so I'm happy with it, I appreciate the the detailed response!

Last edited:
I received my Brewmaster bucket last week with zero cosmetic blemishes. Their customer service is top-notch. Definitely recommend the product.

Back