My 'Soft Pipe' Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

movet22

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Doug, and I'm a dope. How so you ask? Well in a given brew day, I usually burn myself on steam and/or boiling wort at least once... usually multiple times. It usually comes form swapping hoses, or forgetting to close a vale before the aforementioned swapping of hoses.

So I set out to put an end to my inexplicably recurring user errors. I present to you, my 'Soft Pipe' Setup (soft pipe, lol). Is it revolutionary? For me it is. Is it a piece of artwork? Your words, not mine. Did it take me way longer to solve for all of my ins-and-outs than I care to admit? You betcha.

But at this point, I am left with an almost fully closed system (steam condenser goes at the top-left open TC port)
IMG_0899.jpg
and a hectic tangling of hoses as a bonus.

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

And before you ask-- yes, that is a butterfly valve behind the main 3-way. That's so I can cut liquid to that spot and add my TC sightglass for filling and post-boil volume.

Thanks for reading. I needed to share, as my wife just looks at me like I'm crazy with this stuff.

It's a constant issue for me and I deal with it regularly. A contributor to my problem is me moving vessels around trying to perfect their positioning below my exhaust fan.. It's just my indecisive attempts to make my system work best for me. I'll get there through trial and error. And like you, my wife thinks I'm a little crazy. She just don't understand, lol.

Back