My poor wife... she doesn't know what she just did

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revlus

Reaction score
Hello All.

I've been a very "liquid" type of fellow for the longest time... huge wine hobby... I roast my own coffee beans, and boy do I enjoy a wide variety of brews... Love to hit up the local micro breweries, along with some good 'ol standbys from the larger brew companies.

I've been saying for awhile now that my wife's sister should buy her husband a home brew kit. He manages a pub in London, and really enjoys going through the micro brews of America with me when they visit, so what better present could there be?

So the wife took the "real" hint, and got me the True Brew kit, with their Oktoberfest brew kit.

Oh dear oh dear... how she is going to regret it. :mug::tank::drunk:

So since I used to run a wine forum, I know how valuable a good community can be, so I figured, let me find a beer forum.
It seems this is the best of the bunch! Have been lurking awhile and decided to dive into this forum and hopefully learn a lot from everyone here, and hopefully I'll eventually have something valuable to share as well... in a glass.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers!

I got into brewing the same way. I have found that brewing a "sacrificial" batch of fruity beer every now and again helps keep my wife from regretting that gift too much.

Best of luck and happy brewing!

haha you used to be addicted to winemaking now your going to be addicted to beer brewing.
You got a good woman if she's willing to put up with a new addiction!

haha you used to be addicted to winemaking now your going to be addicted to beer brewing.
You got a good woman if she's willing to put up with a new addiction!

She gave him his first joint!

Congrats on receiving your kit. Let us know how it turns out.

welcom, I'm right over the bridge in sunny Staten Island. If you ever wanna get together on a brew day, lemme know.

Welcome! I grew up in Jersey City, live in Harrison now. I spent the day in Bayonne at my sisters house, she's on 16th.

Back