My plan: the long haul!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbspindel

Reaction score
Since i skipped the whole 'introduce yourself' thread:
i'm in grad school for german literature. wanted to be a teacher. found brewing and think this is more my way. i gotta be my own boss, which leads to the plan.

I plan on opening my own brewery. Not yet, but in 18-24 months. I've only been brewing, and all extract, since july. Been stepping up fast though. I do 10g batches into pressurized fermenters. Only ales though, i just got my kegerator/lagerator done. So, what do you think, not considering the legalities, i should do to get there? Naturally I'll be stepping up to AG. I'll start with batch sparging after setting up my rig with 3 keggles.

I get my masters (finger's crossed) in june, then it's time to hit the real world again. I thought i'd try to get a job for whatever income at a non-BMC brewery to learn the ins and outs for a year or so. During this year i'd work on my recipes and knowledge base, as well as perfecting (as best as possible) my AG process and the reproducibility of my beers. I'm not sure where i'll be geographically, so i don't plan to get state permits/licenses until i figure that out. I also didnt plan on pushing my free beers out to bars and whatnot, but more to those who would properly help me with flavor feedback, and friends of course :mug: (who wants to be my friend?).

Other thoughts?

Anytime you want me to try one of your brews you have my number -just give me a call man. Oyu should also look at contacting SODZ if you haven't already.
Got any local/Ohio breweries in mind? I think Great Lakes would be an awesome place to get started.

masters in german literature. This way i can read and decipher all the old german beer recipes!

I don't know about the German Lit part, but I say that if you succeed you would be a live version of the stuff that a lot of us dream about. I have always wanted to own a restaurant, but over the past few years since I've began brewing, I've wanted more of a pub atmosphere where of course I can do all of the brewing.

Good luck to you,
Jacob

Latest posts

Back