My New Truck....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captianoats

Reaction score
is better than yours.

It's an '01 Dakota R/T. Has a 360 engine and goes fast as hell. I've wanted one for a long time. Drove 4 hours to pick it up last weekend. Getting 12 MPGs and loving it :D

dakotafront.jpg

dakotaback.jpg

dakotaengine1.jpg

Nice looking truck but I wouldnt want that to be my everydayer! I get 28 mpg's with my car and traded in my truck 2 years ago to do that when the gas prices went through the roof. Do I miss having a truck sometimes, absolutely, do I miss forking out $60 a week instead of $32 every week and half, hell no. Thats my Brew Ca$h!

Cool. Let's take it offroading!

I thought you said it was better?

Just kidding dude. We used to race my buddy's R/T. Figured out really quick that sandbags in back of the bed helped keep the wheels on the ground.

Nice looking truck but I wouldnt want that to be my everydayer! I get 28 mpg's with my car and traded in my truck 2 years ago to do that when the gas prices went through the roof. Do I miss having a truck sometimes, absolutely, do I miss forking out $60 a week instead of $32 every week and half, hell no. Thats my Brew Ca$h!

We just calculated my 2006 Tacoma at 26 MPG for round trips helping a buddy move (a lot of city miles in there.) Best of both worlds! ;)

+1 on a low mileage commute vehicle, but not a bad looking pickup. I thought about getting a Dakota a while back, but settled on a Ranger that I got a good deal on. That was a mistake...only lasted a couple of years.

I do like my new-to-me '98 F150 XLT! Mine's got the "super-cab" option AND a full 8 foot box! It's loooooong! The 4.6l V8 is currently giving me about 17 mpg.

I had a van, but the "gummint" gave me MUCH more than it was worth in "Cash for Clunkers." So, we got rid of the van...and my "toy-hauler." So, I had to get another "toy-hauler!"

glenn514:mug:

That is a good looking truck.

I'm a Toyota man myself. I currently drive a 1996 Toyota T100 TRD 4x4, but if she ever craps out (never had a problem other than maintenance, knock on wood) I look forward to a Tacoma or Tundra. It's tough to find a vehicle that can run without any problems for 14 years.

I bought a 2006 Tacoma SR5 'Double Cab' last March. Gold, roof racks, side rails, bed cover... Love it! The payment has put a HUGE dent in my brewing expense though. So, I'm busting my hump to try and pay it off quick!

12 MPG makes me feel not quite so bad about the 16-18 my 2000 Tundra gets. Its my first gas guzzler as my previous rides were 1.8l, 8 valve VW's that got 30 MPG on a bad day....

But hey, when the roads are dry? I ride my motorcycle... 45 MPG, 11 Dollar fill-ups, and only putting gas in my truck once a month, FTW!

Congrats on the purchase, enjoy!

Back