My new Mandarin Hefeweizen is kicking my ass...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vfinch

Reaction score
Kegged my new Mandarin Hefeweizen recipe yesterday, did a shake carb and decided to take a sample today. Still needs a bit more carbing, but it definitely doesn't need more alcohol... I over shot my efficiency on this batch by a ton, and didn't get the 5% I was aiming for... it finished at 7.3%... ouch.

I used WLP380, which I believe let the mandarin show a little more than the WLP300 would. I haven't even finished a full stein yet, and it's already kicking my ass big time. This is going to be a regular "brew again" beer.

:ban:

Thanks... I'll have to scrounge up the details when it's all said and done and post the recipe.

It's funny though, the mandarin's didn't impart as much on the hefeweizen as the hefeweizen imparted on the mandarins (I saved them)...:)

I gives that "hit in the side of the head with a velvet hammer" feeling to my brain. Is that a BCJP judgment criteria?!?!?!

Back