My Little Girl is Moving to CO!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstev50

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'll be driving from MI to CO. My youngest is moving in with my oldest daughter in Silverthorne, CO. I have mixed emotions. I'm all for letting them "spread their wings" and experience life, something I never had the chance to do when I was young. She's enrolled in school and has a job lined up and she'll be with big sis, but, she's still my little girl. My oldest moved there last winter after living 8 hrs away at school for 4 yrs, so I wasn't as worried about her. It was still tough seeing her go though. Maybe it's just the realization that when the kids are old enough to move on just means that I'm getting old. I dunno. I've always "been there" when they needed me, now it's going to be so hard if they have any problems. I guess I just need to have confidence in them.

Well, how old is she? Is this high school or college? Do you have pics??

j/k

Sounds tough. You probably have that empty feeling in your gut, like something is missing, but it's got to be done. Just remind that that this isn't really good bye. It's just see you later, cause years down the road you will be there for them when you have to move in with them so they can take care of you.

Why Silverthorne? It in nice and all but not someplace I would expect a noob to go, unless they are going to do the resort employee thing. I did the sensible thing and moved to Boulder first then made the leap to Denver

Yeah, we did Arvada first (1/2 way between Denver and Boulder) then Boulder, now Erie. Silverthorne is a bit remote, but if I didn't have a mortgage and kid it'd be a blast.

Silverthorne is a cool place to live as long as you have a job lined up and like to ski/party.

My oldest, 24, chose Silverthorne because she had friends from NMU living there and she had a job lined up at Copper. My youngest, 19, will be working at an Outback in Vail.
I'm sure they'll be all right. They make mostly good decisions!

My aunt has a condo in Silverthorne. That area is very nice.

Visit often and hit the Dillon Dam Brewery and Tommyknocker. Might as well catch Breckenridge Brewery while you're there, too. ;)

Age does creep up. I was checking out a woman at the Roth's a couple days ago and some kid runs up yelling: "Hey, Gramma!"

My aunt has a condo in Silverthorne. That area is very nice.

Visit often and hit the Dillon Dam Brewery and Tommyknocker. Might as well catch Breckenridge Brewery while you're there, too. ;)

I was lookin' at Dillon Dam when we driving around today. That may be on tap tonite or tomorrow.

Back