My Latest Favorite Stone Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
And it is...

levitation.jpg
I had my 30th birthday party on Saturday, so I made some preparations and took a trip down to Stone to get all my growlers filled. I got some of the usual's, IPA and Oaked Arrogant Bastard, but not wanting to have tons of stronger beers, I decided to get a 2 liter of Levitation, even though I had never tried it. At first sip I fell in love. It is everything that you would expect from a Stone beer - assertively hoppy, very piney and citrus with tons of hop bitterness, flavor and aroma. It's a deep amber with a full toasty malt profile and has plenty of mouthfeel. I can see why it won a gold at the GABF in 07. I just wish I had tried it sooner. Think of it as the Bastard's little brother, with all the attitude, just not grown up yet.

it's a great session beer. all the flavor and hoppiness of their bigger beers but it's only 4.4% ABV. it's one of my favorites to have a few of especially when I don't really want to get too much of a buzz on.

I love Levitation. It's a great session beer. That being said, it's about the only Stone product I'll purchase. I've found most of their offerings to be average at best. I was very disappointed with Ruination in particular. But I'm glad you liked it. It's awesome on draft!

Back