My kegerator build from an old fridge that used to be in my garage for fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryB

Reaction score
Fridge is an old Frigidaire that has been in the shed, then garage, then front porch as a ferm chamber. Many greasy hands grabbing beers from it so the handle needs some work to clean it up. Some rust low down on the door too to take care of but I can't decide what color to paint it.

Door drilled and faucets fitted. I went with Intertap Chrome faucets for now and only have 2 of the planned 3 but I drilled all 3 holes.

IMG_20170404_202655553_zpsqjmnk0yi.jpg

Tap handles are dummy rounds, I am using 338 Lapua(not mounted yet), a 50 cal M8 spotter rifle round, and a 50 bmg. You can see the grease stains on the handle I need to take care of.

Tap%20handles_zpslbfb48q5.jpg

I drilled the side for a 30psi line and a serving pressure line(12psi), mounted a 4 port gas distribution block and made lines. I still need to make 1 more gas line and 1 more liquid line. I also made a shelf on the compressor hump to hold 2 of the 4 kegs that will fit. The door will still have space for bottled beer too!

IMG_20170414_174117498_zpsb9vhk0w6.jpg

I need to decide on a paint color, thought about a camo wrap but yikes $120 for materials so that is out. Camo paint can look cheesy... maybe just flat black and mount an LED light over the taps... Plus there is a very slow leak I have to track down yet... it is there with the distribution block off so it is either in the regulator, the 2 output ports on the Tapco dual regulator, the 4 port distribution block, or in my line to the distribution block(30psi line is turned off at the regulator).

Cool, i like the tap handles. I would go with army green color, maybe give it a rough edge by adding an aluminium panel.

Cheers!

Id go od green then maby ad some of the mustard yellow they used on the old ammo cans. T
You could yellow black hash the door handels.

Latest posts

Back