My job; Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iarobertson

Erebus and Terror
Reaction score
So, it seems my Boss hates me working for him as much as I hate working for him.

I want to try my hand at being a brewing rat. I'm young, I don't mind labor, and I'd rather be happy instead of at work, doing something I just don't care about.

So, what region of the USA should I be moving to? I'm in Louisville, but I'm from MI. Any insight on the matter will be appreciated.

Personally, if I were moving somewhere, specifically for beer (and you had to stay state-side) I would check out the West Coast. More specifically, probably the Pacific NW, like Seattle/Portland, or maybe down in San Diego. I think those two areas would offer the most as far as beer-lifestyles.

However, if there were no limits on this venture, I'd move to Germany/Belgium. Not only would you be able to learn the ins and outs of brewing, but you'd also be exposed to the history of brewing, as well as a foreign language.

You come back to the states with a few years working in the German/Belgian/British/Czech beer industry, you'll be taken very serious as a brew professional.

Check out www.probrewer.com if you haven't already.

You could check out BBC, Cumberland, New Albanian, and Upland I believe is a little bit further in IN.

as mentioned, the pacific northwest is ripe with micro breweries, i almost feel spoiled living in olympia. washington, oregon, and colorado are going to be the best places to look into IMO.

Back