'My Homebrewing Orientated Ramblings'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacktheKnife

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

A subject?
Actually, I just want to relate to the world 'what's been happening'
in the 'former pantry brewery'.
To just say ' hey ya'll! '
The subject of my post isn't specific,
but general.
That's why I posted it in the 'general' file.
But a post should have a 'subject' to keep the author focused.
Hmmmmm...

There 'ain't no' subject but for my homebrew oriented ramblings.
Thats it, I just went up there and named the post:
'My Homebrew Oriented Ramblings'.

Thank you

Howdy, I brewed full time the last month,
keeping my 3 primarys full all the time.
I make 8 Lbs of DME in 5 gallons of water,
and steep in speciality grains for flavor.
One more month of brewing weather here in Texas,
and it will be too hot, {I stop the end of april.}
Capacity of my brewery is 60 gallons a month.
And I am pushing it for all its worth.

I really love my homebrew now.
Store bought beer and ale are depressing.
But I have been caught up in a big thing
ya'll don't even want to know about.
But my ale,
'Mein Acht Pfund Hammerbeir' is my medicine.
When I run out I feel bad.
When I have a good supply of 'Mein Hammerbier'
life is under control and I feel good.
There is a God.
I think about things like my multi-million dollar lawsuit.
And 'Platos alegory of the cave'.
Without a good supply of ale in the 'former pantry'
I think about horrible things to horrible to relate here.
Thank you.

Good ale makes me think.
It makes my mind productive in that I imagine improvments on my land.
New poultry coop construction, fences, expanding the garden even further.
I think about finishing the 70 'skinner' knives I need to finish before hot weather. Ale makes me creative in that,
I get more work done when I am out of ale,
because after all there is no ale,
nothing else to do but work.
I have more profound thoughts when drunk
and where do the work projects come from
but me thinking them up while sampling my Hammerbier.

Hmmmmm...
??????????????

J. Winters VonKnife
http://jacksknifeshop.tripod.com/

Ok, posted at 12:20 AM, no real subject, eludes to personal bad times and drinking to forget them. So yeah, your typical drunk, depressed cry for help. Put the pills and the beer down dude. And did that last part look like a try at poetry?
I know I will catch flack from other posters on this one but this is not the place to cry for help and try to get your drunk depression out on the masses. There are professionals that you might need to see instead of drinking up lots of your homebrew and posting about your "multi-million" lawsuit and the "horrible" things you think about during that time. So put down the beer, pick up a phone, and get the psych help you need.

Or you can just write country songs about it and end up like those drunk and depressed country stars did.:(

This needs to go into the Drunken Ramblings forum. And Jack, it's "oriented", not "orientated". For when you sober up, that is.........:drunk:

BrewFrick said:
Ok, posted at 12:20 AM, no real subject, eludes to personal bad times and drinking to forget them. So yeah, your typical drunk, depressed cry for help. Put the pills and the beer down dude. And did that last part look like a try at poetry?
Easy there, killer. If you take a look at Knife's other posts, you'll find that this fits the theme perfectly. He writes in an almost poetic, slightly broken prose, and the thoughts are laid out in a sort of "stream of consciousness." I don't think this is a cry for help - it's just his way of dealing with adversity. He brews a lot, drinks a lot, and posts some of his experiences here.

Glad to hear from you, Knife - take care, man!

I've become firmly convinced that Hunter S. Thompson is not, in fact, dead, but rather is fashioning knives out of scrap metal in the heat of Texas.

Jack's Back! I look forward to more of your prose. Don't wait so long to let us know how things are.

Wow, didn't know he was the drunken village idiot of Homebrewtalk, loved by many like Peter's father in Ireland. Ok I guess go with what feels good but don't come crying to me when he is on the front page in whatever the nearest town in Texas to him is, either killing someone or murder-suicide.

BrewFrick said:
Wow, didn't know he was the drunken village idiot of Homebrewtalk, loved by many like Peter's father in Ireland. Ok I guess go with what feels good but don't come crying to me when he is on the front page in whatever the nearest town in Texas to him is, either killing someone or murder-suicide.
Take it easy there, Francis.

Silviakitty said:
Jack, your website's a real find...your beer looks gorgeous, and so do those skulls you finished.

I hope things even out for you.

Just checked out the site too, and it's cool. Just one question: Why is the picture on the front page backwards???:confused:

Bernie Brewer said:
Just checked out the site too, and it's cool. Just one question: Why is the picture on the front page backwards???:confused:

Jack's insanity bends the space-time continuum, so the clock is backwards. :drunk:

Jack, I was thinking just the other day "I wonder where he's been and if its too hot to brew now in Texas." Glad to hear you have a while to go yet before shutting it down.

Cut Jack a break, he's one of the Oceanic Six and for him it's still 1990 something.

BrewFrick said:

Jack has been around here a lot longer than you, and many of us are familiar with his ways, unlike yourself. So you might consider tempering your comments just a tad.

Welcome back, Jack! :mug:

SwAMi75 said:
Jack has been around here a lot longer than you, and many of us are familiar with his ways, unlike yourself. So you might consider tempering your comments just a tad.

Welcome back, Jack! :mug:

Well said.

And the clock is backwards cause it was posted from the inverse universe he posted from. (Either that or it's a clock designed to be seen in a mirror, or Jacks rare inverse vision problem.)

Hey Jack, been trying some of that knife making myself at a buddy's studio. He's an armorer and a proper forge should be in the works this summer.

denny,

A blacksmith friend says:
get a propane forge,
with a coal forge
you spend all your time messing with the fire.
Mine is 12" dia and 12" long,
steel pipe with KAO-wool inside covered with 'castable refractory' cement.
On a cart so I can move it in and out,
and has only one burner.

Luck

J. Knife

Latest posts

Back