My fridge just broke!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chalkdust41485

This is no hobby....
Reaction score
I just opened my Frigidaire fridge which holds my two kegs and felt that it wasn't cold inside. The little bit of ice along the top was starting to melt... :(
I now hear a small "click" when the compressor is supposed to turn on. Has anyone been able to fix their fridge's compressor or should I start shopping for a new fridge?

I just opened my Frigidaire fridge which holds my two kegs and felt that it wasn't cold inside. The little bit of ice along the top was starting to melt... :(
I now hear a small "click" when the compressor is supposed to turn on. Has anyone been able to fix their fridge's compressor or should I start shopping for a new fridge?

There's a large cap in there that is part of the ckt that gets the compressor moving, and sometimes that cap fails. That's all I got.

I had one die. I tried for a few days to revive it, but I don't think they are worth spending any money on. Especially if you will consider a used one.

Back