my first partial mash ... have question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWAMPER

Reaction score
partial mash question, going to try a partial mash and had a question I'll be using a grain bag and not going to transfer to a cooler to mash, so my question is once I get my water to the correct temp. (around 175*) then add my grain bag and put a lid on it is it ok to just stick the pot in the oven at a set temp. (155*) for the mash time so the temp will stay at a consistent temp. ? saw somewhere that they would put there pot in the oven at the temp. so they didn't have to mess with trying to keep the temp. set, is this ok to do

I use the warm oven method for my mashes all the time. The grains don't know the oven is keeping them at proper temp, they just do their thing given the right environment. :)

Not absolutely sure, but I don't think my oven will maintain a temperature less than 200F...

Even still, I will remove the racks and put the kettle in there for the duration of the mash (usually 60m or so). Temps seem to remain pretty stable, I might lose a degree or two around the outside edges, but the 5 batches I have done so far using the partial mash method have all turned out great.

Latest posts

Back