My first Mead...Yay!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DtownRiot

Reaction score
New to this particular area of the forum, so hello to the mead makers. I've heard so much about this beverage, but unfortunately have never had one. I can't find a commercial version anywhere, so I decided today that I am going to make one. I have a recipe for one gallon, still deciding on the fruit im going to use, probably apple juice. So here is my question...Is this melomel pack from austin homebrew too much of tannin, acid blend, yeast nutrient for just a one gallon batch? Would I have to use maybe half of it or maybe just a third of it? And second part, would I want to use half of the yeast or maybe just a third of the yeast?

Heres the austin link
Austin Homebrew Supply

Thanks for helping out people...Cheers!:mug:

+1 on Hightest's FAQ. I just started making meads, and I've formulated my own recipes based on those stickies. Print them, read them, you'll use them everytime you start a mead. Also, play around with the spreadsheet. It will give you very valuable info, when constructing a recipe.

if I were you, I would just make a base mead. Straight HoneyWine.

honey, nutrient, yeast, water.

Let it ferment out dry and clear.

I enjoy regular mead to most melomel.

Latest posts

Back