My First Kegerater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intimnasc

Reaction score
Well I have been into brewing for a few months now and loving it. I just bottled my third batch and increased my fermenting capacity from 5 gallons to 15 gallons. Now I am SICK of bottling already and want to start kegging. I have a chest freezer and want to do 4 taps. From what I am looking at it is going to cost me in the neighborhood of 800 bucks to keg out my chest freezer with 4 kegs and taps. Does that sound right or am I paying too much?

Below is what I have been pricing
4 Pin Lock Kegs used $120
4 O Ring kits $13
4 sets Pin Lock Threaded Disconnects $45
2 10lb CO2 Tanks $140
4 4" Beer Shanks $75
4 Beer Taps $120
1 Dual CO2 Gauge $100
1 4 way NPT distribution block $50
Miscellaneous hardware, tubing, and clamps $75

Am I missing something? And is there a cheaper way to go?

why 2 co2 tanks? $70 for one isn't bad though. i paid $100 for one (new). price wise you're not far off...depends if you want it now or are willing to wait for deals and piece it together. i just completed a 4 tap keezer and it was somewhere in the $800-$1k range (with a new freezer that was $170).

you're gonna need a temp controller too...

Yeah I have a spare temp controller in the garage. The two bottles are for when I get low or run out of CO@ it is not an emergency to get it refilled. The extra 70 bucks is worth not ruining my beer.

This is the BEST prices I have seen on equipment yet. I can't find it cheaper anywhere.
http://www.bvrgelements.com/index.php

Nope,
Sounds about right.
Just finished my 4 tap keezer.
Probably around 1 K taking everything into consideration.
Well worth it.
I just tapped 4 kegs last night. All winners!!
Now I'm livin the dream.

Thank You Muncher 18n bucks is better than the 30 I have been looking at. As far as the two tanks I am leaning towards 1 now that I think about it. Either way I am leaving for Salt Lake City in the morning but when I get back I plan on starting to buy at least the shanks so I can start the kegger. I plan on using threaded fittings instead of the barbed unless you guys can tell me I am wasting my time and money. My friend says they are easier to take apart for cleaning and such.

BTW this seems to be a nice forum I'm going to go ahead and up my membership too because of you guys, Thanks.

Dang guys that's pretty sweet. Ordering that kit tre9er linked when I get back in town. Any upgrades recommended besides the dual reg?

Back