My first homebrew is delicious!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantooth

Reaction score
I brewed a True Brew Oktoberfest kit recently I got from my LHBS. Two weeks in the primary bucket and I was going to be patient and let three weeks go by in the bottles before I tried one. Well, this afternoon after about a week and a half in the bottles I couldn't wait. I was worried that it wasn't going to be good. So I put one in the frig for an hour and poured it. Wow I was relieved, it tasted awesome! Now I plan on waiting out the rest of the three weeks before I drink anymore though.

IMG_20110323_165434.jpg

IMG_20110323_165450.jpg

Looks great. Just don't drink them all before they have some time on them.

I have been holding out 4 bottles from each batch and plan on letting them all sit for several months to see how they taste. I have to admit I did drink a few of my early brews up a little fast.

Looks real good nice and clear!!!! Welcome to the addiction!!! LOL!!!

Yeah, I'm going to try to wait it out a little while longer before I throw back the rest...don't know if I have the will power. Talking about addiction, I already have an american pale ale kit on the way from Austin Homebrew Supply! I already learned a lot from this site that I plan on using on my next batch.

Looks nice and clear for a first brew! Congrats! Its soooo hard to keep yourself from drinking everything when its just born. The key is to brew enough that you have a stockpile so you can start properly aging your beers.

Kegging was the best thing I did for myself when I got into this hobby.

Back