My first father's day! What to brew???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambleon

Reaction score
Found out recently that my wife and I have out first little one on the way. So excited! And word around the campfire is I'm getting a gift card to my lhbs to celebrate my first father's day (shhh... I'm not supposed to know). The question now is: what should I brew? Your suggestions???

Beer :)

Brew a stout, let it age and pop one when the baby's born, congrats in the news

Big event = Big beer. I would go for an IIPA or RIS.... but a Barleywine, Imperial anything or Tripple/Quad would be good too.

Here's 2 ways to go about it.....

1. Brew something only you will want to drink and enjoy it all yourself.

Or

2. Brew something like a barley wine and age it until you can share it on his/her 21st birthday.

I wasn't into home brewing when mine turned 3 so I bought her a bottle of Johnny Walker Gold that will be 36 years old when she 21. I'm not looking forward to my little girl growing up, but I am looking forward to that 36 year old bottle of Johnny lol.

Big event = Big beer. I would go for an IIPA or RIS.... but a Barleywine, Imperial anything or Tripple/Quad would be good too.

I second this. Go with something strong and big. Something that can develop while your little one is conditioning. I'd do an RIS, a strong Belgian dark, or a bourbon porter. Any of those would be best in 40 weeks...

Congrats!

Back