My first Cyser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkKF

Reaction score
Just started a one gal. test batch of Cyser. I've used honey to back sweeten and prime but never before pitching. Here's what I started:
Apple Cyser

Ingredients:

1 gallon apple juice/cider
1 lb unprocessed honey
1 Campden tablet
1/2 tsp yeast nutrient
1/4 tsp acid blend
1/4 tsp pectic enzyme
1 packet Apple Cider Yeast

Should be tasty. I make a cyser every year with the Sparkling Pumpkin Cider from Aldi's... I really just buy it for the cool fliptop bottles, but may as well do something with the cider. It's actually just apple cider with pumpkin spice added, but it makes a great cyser.

Should be tasty. I make a cyser every year with the Sparkling Pumpkin Cider from Aldi's... I really just buy it for the cool fliptop bottles, but may as well do something with the cider. It's actually just apple cider with pumpkin spice added, but it makes a great cyser.

I added 4 of those Aldi's to 5 gallons of juice with 5# of sugar and fermented with S05. Should be killer for turkey day.

Back to OP - you probably don't need pectic or campden unless you are using fresh juice - most will either be pasteurized or have ascorbic acid.

I also added a chopped up Granny Smith to give it a little tart.

Latest posts

Back