My first brew is great!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibanous

Reaction score
I'm very excited it was difficult to wait, but well worth it. Yesterday I tried the first bottle of my first batch and it was delicious.

I want to say thanks to the many insightful and helpful posts I read through here, which helped me stay sane through all the newbie mistakes and worries. I especially want to say thanks to Revvy, his bottling tips thread made the bottling experience far less difficult and far quicker then I'm sure it could have been.

Well done! I found the more I read, the more I don't know, but the more I do know for the simple extracts I'm doing, so I'm really looking forward to my 2nd and 3rd batches.

Did that make sense? lol.

Well done! My first batch was terrible, but that was before I discovered the great knowledge of HBT! Bottling is my biggest pet peeve about brewing, so I'm glad to see you had a pleasant experience with it. Cheers!

Nice - so what's in the primary now? Gotta get the pipeline cranking!

Congrats and Cheers!

Congrats on a great first beer. The second and third will be even better! Just beware how quickly the bug gets to you...I just started in September and last week I started on a four 5-gallon batches in four weeks marathon.

And second on Revvy's bottling thread...that made the process super simple (too simple-after I got it down, I got lazy on the next batch and screwed up some bottles. Oh well, more empties to refill)

Uh oh ... You're in trouble now ... Get ready for an empty bank account, a miffed gf/swmbo, and a garage full of brewing equip and Craigslist finds ...

Congrats on your first success!

I'm very excited it was difficult to wait, but well worth it. Yesterday I tried the first bottle of my first batch and it was delicious.

I want to say thanks to the many insightful and helpful posts I read through here, which helped me stay sane through all the newbie mistakes and worries. I especially want to say thanks to Revvy, his bottling tips thread made the bottling experience far less difficult and far quicker then I'm sure it could have been.

I'll second all of that (even down to the beer turning out great as a result of the answers provided here).

Nice - so what's in the primary now? Gotta get the pipeline cranking!

Congrats and Cheers!

Oh I have the pipeline is well fueled. I have two primary's actually. I have a stout already in the bottle still a week out on carb for that. I have a apfelwein in one primary going in bottles this weekend and an IPA that will go to secondary with dry hops this weekend or next (assuming I can find time with the holidays).

I'm well and hooked by the hobby thats for sure. I have a good amount of gear already but there are still many things I still want, a wort chiller being the foremost, though putting together a kegarator is close behind.

Congratulations. There is nothing like pouring that first bottle of chilled homebrew into a glass, having a head form, and it tasting like beer. It never gets old. YOU MADE BEER!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Congrats on your first brew being a success! I remember my first. My wife raised her glass,a big smile on her face,the ol' love lights on high beam. What more could any mortal man desire or deserve!?:tank:

It's always great to see new brewers try their first brew.

Now, do it again!

Back