My first batch of Apfelwein in a glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachatola

Reaction score
So i started my Apfelwein 5-27 and here it is in a glass after 3 weeks bottled, ive been trying bottles every week as to try to better my taste for the progression of my brew, and of course its my first homebrew so ive been wanting to try it since 5-27 :mug:

DSCF0654.jpg

DSCF0655.jpg

Looking good!

I JUST finished tasting my first apfelwein. I was surprised how much it had in common with white wine, especially in aroma. Of course mine wasn't cold and only had very light carbonation, but I liked it.

Those pic's are making me extremely thirsty! That's it, I'm making my apfelwein this weekend.

I think my Diet Coke just killed itself in shame, lol. That does look mighty fine. I know whats on my list for the weekend. You think I can pass off brewing supplies as "weekly groceries" without the husband getting suspicious?

You think I can pass off brewing supplies as "weekly groceries" without the husband getting suspicious?

That depends...do you normally drink apple juice by the gallon? ;)

I've made seven batches now, and I'll confess to feeling a little silly putting 5-10 gallons of apple juice in my cart. I buy it a local restaurant supply type place, that has great bulk meat cuts, so my cart is always filled with apple juice and giant slabs of meat!

Good job. I just opened my first bottle of my first batch and am impressed with the results. Given the overwhelming popularity of Apfelwein, I am sure there are product people at the apple juice companies/Walmart perplexed as to why people are buying 5 - 1 gallon bottles at a time.:)

That depends...do you normally drink apple juice by the gallon? ;)

I've made seven batches now, and I'll confess to feeling a little silly putting 5-10 gallons of apple juice in my cart. I buy it a local restaurant supply type place, that has great bulk meat cuts, so my cart is always filled with apple juice and giant slabs of meat!

You should see the looks I get with 20 gallons on a flat cart at Costco!:drunk:

I've drank this for the majority of the night...damn it feels good to be a gansta!

Latest posts

Back