My first AG recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikko

Reaction score
I did 1 extract last month and just jumped and did my first AG on Monday. I did edwort haus pale ale recipe took me about 5.5 hours but it was very fun. I used:

8lbs 2-row
2lbs munich
.5lb crystal light 45l
2.5oz cascade hops 5%
windsor ale yeast.

I ended up with 6.5gal to the kettle and 5.5gal after the kettle i doughed in the grains and hit 151.5deg, after a hour it was at 150deg, so i was close to 152deg. I went to take a reading with my hydrometer but it turned out to be broken (damn those kids). kewled down the wort with my chiller, very handy 15min brought it to 90deg. Irritated the wort and got it to 80deg. Put it in the fermenter and pitched the yeast. Next day was like a volcano in there temperature in the room was at 75deg. Now it's very clear and it's at 1 bubble every 2min. This stuff smells wicked like carbonated beer my extract didn't have that smell so i can't wait to taste this stuff. I hope i did everything right :)

thanks to bradsul for all his time and help :)

My first AG was Edwort's Haus also. It fermented really quick! Yours sounds dead on. I am kind of rationing my all grain beer drinking to force myself to drink all of my PM beers.

I did a beer after the Haus Pale and pitched it over the yeast cake, and (no exaggeration) it started fermenting in 10 minutes! I was cleaning my brewpot and I heard a rattling in the corner. It was my airlock! I quickly rigged a blow off hose on that one.

I need to get out of my apt and get my own condo or house so I can make the move to AG brewing. I know it can be done on the stove top, but all the stuff here is from the 70s and it just wouldn't work out.

Sounds like a great recipe!

Latest posts

Back