My Experience with the Mark II Wort Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wouldn't in the cheap pump category, but Northern Brewer has added another candidate to the wort pump category. What I like about it is that it is 24VDC, which is much safer than 120VAC. http://www.northernbrewer.com/the-steelhead-2-pump

There's nothing new about this pump but the much higher price through this mainstream distributor vs Amazon and eBay were many people got them for like half the price up until now... if you do a search for "Dc pump" here youll see they have been available in this form as well as all plastic for as little as $30 for a couple years now.

There's nothing new about this pump but the much higher price through this mainstream distributor vs Amazon and eBay were many people got them for like half the price up until now... if you do a search for "Dc pump" here youll see they have been available in this form as well as all plastic for as little as $30 for a couple years now.

I looked on Amazon, and could not find a comparable pump. and none with a SS head.

tangential zombie revival:

I personally have a Iwaki knock-off (Resun) pump which has a 1/10 HP motor on it (read: 2x the power of a Chugger - although only ~15% more head)

could you provide a few more details on this Resun pump? i checked out aliexpress and could only find air (not liquid) pumps by Resun. does this pump handle boiling liquids?

cheers! :mug:

Back