My efficiency woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruiz54

Reaction score
Ok guys I want to sya thank you all so much for your advice it has all really paid off here. my last post I saud that I had missed my gravity on all three of my all grain brews. I did another one last night and asked promash what my gravity would be at 60% and I proceeded to do soem of the things people told me. I hit 63%!!!!! which is way up from the 40% I was haveing. Woot! Thanks guys. I think the two things that helped the most was stiring like a mad men both for the inital mash and for the sparge and 5.2 PH stabilizer which I added to the spring water durring the mash. I order my grains from morebeer.com and I am thinking they are not crushing them well. So If I have them crush it twice will I see another improvment in my efficiency? And hey I know 63% is not the greatest but I have to be happy for the improvment and I owe it to this forum. thanks! :mug:

Yep, crushing and lots of stirring, along with a few other secret things, brought me from the low 60's to consistently in the mid 80's in no time.

P.S. Check your sparge water temps...

Back